The Finnish National Committee of CIGRE
mobile: +358 40 550 2033, e-mail to: liisa.haarla(a)fingrid.fi
mobile: 040 546 6117, e-mail to ella.kack(a)fingrid.fi
Joining to CIGRE
In 2017, the Finnish National Committee had some 60 individual members in Category I), 13 collective members in Category I, 2 collective members in Category II and 2 honorary members.
When you want to become a member, load the membership application here, fill it and send it to the secretary. The membership rates in 2018 are:
- Category I collective member: 874 €
- Category II collective member: 269 €
- Category I individual member: 86 €
- Young member: 43 € (individual member, category II)
- Student member: 0 €
Membership and its benefits
Only CIGRE members can be Study Committee members. The Finnish National Committee proposes the Finnish candidates for the Study Committees.
The Study Committees with a member from Finland:
Each CIGRE study committee covers a specific technical domain dealing with Power Systems. The Finnish National Committee of CIGRE has a representative in the following study committees:
- A1 Rotating Electrical Machines
- A2 Transformers
- B1 Insulated Cables
- B2 Overhead lines
- B3 Substations
- B4 HVDC and power electronics
- B5 Protection and automation
- C4 System technical performance
- C5 Electricity markets and regulation
- C6 Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation
- D1 Materials and Emerging Test Techniques
- D2 Information Systems and Telecommunications
A study committee member is selected for a 2-year period, which starts during the Paris Session. The same member can have three successive membership periods. The membership period starts during the CIGRE Session. National committees propose candidates some 9 months before the Paris Session.
Working Groups make up the largest part of an SC’s working bodies. They are set up to perform specific
technical activities, which they are expected to carry out within limited and pre-determined
periods of time. The result of the work is a technical brochure, which are available at e-cigre.
A list of active working groups with their terms of reference can be found here. It is possible to be a working group member without CIGRE membership but the membership is recommended.
In 2018, Finland has over 40 active members is different working groups.