The Finnish National Committee of CIGRE
Contact information and members
mobile: +358 40 550 2033, e-mail to: liisa.haarla(a)fingrid.fi
mobile: 040 546 6117, e-mail to ella.kack(a)fingrid.fi
In 2017, the Finnish National Committee had some 60 individual members in Category I, 13 collective members in Category I, 2 collective members in Category II and 2 honorary members.
- Category I collective member: 874 €
- Category II collective member: 269 €
- Category I individual member: 86 €
- Young member: 43 € (individual member, category II)
- Student member: 0 €
The privacy notice (GDPR) of the Finnish National Committee of CIGRE is in Finnish.
Membership and its benefits
Only CIGRE members can be Study Committee members. The Finnish National Committee proposes the Finnish candidates for the Study Committees.
The Study Committees with a member from Finland:
Each CIGRE study committee covers a specific technical domain dealing with Power Systems. The Finnish National Committee of CIGRE has a representative in the following study committees:
- A1 Rotating electrical machines
- A2 Power transformers and reacators
- B1 Insulated cables
- B2 Overhead lines
- B3 Substations and electrical installations
- B4 DC systems and power electronics
- B5 Protection and automation
- C4 Power system technical performance
- C5 Electricity markets and regulation
- C6 Active distribution Systems and distributed energy resources
- D1 Materials and emerging test techniques
- D2 Information systems and telecommunication
A study committee member is selected for a 2-year period, which starts during the Paris Session. The same member can have three successive membership periods. The membership period starts during the CIGRE Session. National committees propose candidates some 9 months before the Paris Session.
Working Groups make up the largest part of the working bodies of a study committee. Working groups are set up to perform specific technical activities, which they are expected to carry out within limited and pre-determined periods of time. The result of the work is a technical brochure, which are available at e-cigre.
A list of active working groups with their terms of reference can be found here. It is possible to be a working group member without CIGRE membership but the membership is recommended.
In 2018, Finland has over 40 active members is different working groups.