When you want to become a member, either join via https://join.cigre.org/join-cigre.html or load the form (pdf or text), fill it and send the file to the Secretary and Chair of the national committee, e-mail to: mikko.holmgren(a)fingrid.fi and liisa.haarla(a)fingrid.fi
The membership fees in 2024 are:
- Category IA collective member (CM IA): €1,550
- Category IB collective member (CM IB): €1,140
- Category II collective member: €310
- Category I individual member: €99
- Category II individual member, young member: €52
- Category III individual member, student member: €0
CM IA: 500 or more employees in Finland, CM IB: 499 or less employees in Finland.
Membership and its benefits
CIGRE membership opens access to the global CIGRE community.
Paying members can get CIGRE technical brochures and other publications from e-cigre for free and can register to the biannual CIGRE Sessions with a reduced fee.
Only CIGRE individual members (Category I or Category II) can become Study Committee members. The Finnish National Committee proposes the Finnish candidates for the Study Committees.
Collective member staff can create accounts to www.-cigre.org using the membership number of the organization. With an account people have access to all documents in electronic form (Electra, www.e-cigre.org ) as follows:
- CM IA: a maximum of 50 persons.
- CM IB: a maximum of 10 persons.
More information on CIGRE and its activities around the World is here. Below you can see different presentation videos on CIGRE and its activities:
- Welcome to the world of CIGRE
- Paris Session
- CIGRE publications and resources
- CIGRE knowledge program and structure
- Joining and participating
- Benefits of joining CIGRE
When a student member graduates
When a student member graduates, she or he can continue as a student member at the end of the year of graduation (no membership fee, no opportunity to join the working groups). Alternatively, she or he can change the membership category immediately after the graduation into Category I or Category II (membership fee, possibility to join working groups, access to vote at CIGRE General Assembly).